Today is my 29th birthday.
That sounds so crazy, but I guess every new age, every next birthday sounds a little weird until you get used to it.
I was thinking about it last night…28 was a crazy, big, insane year. Since last year, I
- adopted a cute and crazy dog
- renovated and moved in with Duder to our first apartment
- went through two radioactive treatments for thyroid cancer
- quit my job of 4 years and became a full-time student and graduate assistant in the field I love
- was honored to be a bridesmaid for two of my best friend’s at their weddings
- traveled to Kripalu (twice!) to see Kris Carr and enjoy a weekend of yoga
- traveled to Oregon, Washington State, Washington, DC, and Portsmouth, NH for vacations
- earned straight A’s in my first term as a grad student
- found out I was cancer free
- celebrated 2 years of love and good times with my main squeeze
I’m not quite sure what could happen in my 29th year to top that?!
The past few weeks I’ve been really anxious and stressed out, with the start of my new term and trying to balance life. Birthdays are a great reminder of everything that’s happened in the past year (both good and not so fun) and everything that I have to look forward to. It’s a reminder that life continues, whether we meet our goals or not, whether we’re stressed out or relaxed, whether we’re having fun or not…so why not try to incorporate a little more joy into my life?
29 = year of joy.
What was your favorite birthday?! Mine is a tie between 21 and 27 (one ended with me falling down a hill into the snow (humorously) and one ended with a 40 person serenade).found out I was cancer free