Hope you all had a great weekend!
Mine was spent watching 8 hours of rugby, having a lovely dinner with my baby brosef (who, I realize, at age 23, 6’5 and 250 pounds is not so baby, but he’ll always be to me!), visiting Dude’s dad/stepmom’s island house, fishing, eating clams/mussles and squid, and finishing the rest of Game of Thrones/Clash of Kings (hence the late post today instead of yesterday). I highly recommend the series if you are a sci-fi/fantasy/good book loving nerd like me!
I also started my summer classes last night. I’m taking two so my Monday-Thursday evenings from 6-9:30 are shot. This is how I feel about it.
You’re welcome for that.
I did really well on my first week of the 10 Week Turnaround. I DID have a Dunkin Donuts Iced Mocha on Saturday, but I’m okay with it because it was a choice and not a reaction to being late or a “treat” for getting my butt in gear on time. I do feel much better without the extra caffeine and sugar in my system, which relates to this week’s challenge.
Tally: 1/7 or 86% on target (thanks to Laura for being my nerd-spiration with the percentages!)
Remove sugar/sweet drinks!
Why: I’m chalking up the fact that I started back on the soda habit at the end of the term due to stress/sugary cravings. I started drinking Diet Coke and iced chais from Starbucks like their stock depended on it. I know it might be a better vice than some, but I know my body really needs much more water than I’ve been giving it. I’m already off track since yesterday I had a Diet Barqs root beer and a Nantucket Nectars Iced Tea – these things were spur of the moment choices and not things that I needed! I know these little extra calories have added to my creeping weight gain over the last few months, so they’re definitely not serving me.
- Focusing on my water intake while working and during night class.
- Making a giant pitcher of iced tea (from the tea bag) to take with me in the morning.
- Moving my debit card to the back of my wallet so I’m not tempted to buy an uncessary drink!
- Last week I had tea with my friend Elyssa and discovered the amazing wonder that is Moroccan Mint iced tea. Ohhh dear lord. I fear I have a new vice. Now to make it without the 1/3 cup sugar!
- Avoiding the library, Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts out of habit.
What are you working on this week?!