Apparently, I haven’t done a love list in quite some time. Without further ado:
1. Re-doing/hanging out on our porch. (The Tidy Cat is actually full of potting soil, NOT cat litter.)
2. Family fun time. We’ve had lots of weddings, birthdays, graduation and other celebrations lately. It’s been really fun to see everyone and catch up. My sister took this picture of our brother dancing with his girlfriend. He’s giving us the finger. So much love.
3. Visiting the Island house. Doug’s dad and stepmom have a cottage on an island 30 minutes from our house. It definitely feels like you’re in another state. We don’t get there as much as we’d like because we’re so busy, but we when we do go, it’s so relaxing.
4. Coffee creamer. I don’t think I’ve used milk & sugar in my coffee since 2003. I stopped drinking coffee last year, only to pick up the habit again this spring. My friend Kristen introduced me to Coffee Mate’s Caramel Natural Bliss creamer while I was at her house a few weeks ago, and I was shocked that it only had 5 ingredients (ones that I could read and knew what they were!) in it. It’s a delicious, slippery slope and I’m committed to finishing the bottle.
5. Crafting. I actually really, really love art/crafting/anything creative. Lately I’ve had the excuse to be crafty again with the influx of time and bridal showers/dinners/events that have been going on. I helped throw a bridal shower for my friend Em and came up with all of the decorations (thanks, in large part, to Pinterest).
Hot glue & craft paper garlands
Mums & milk glass (my friend Alyssa had the idea for a yogurt bar. GENIUS. Highly recommend it!).
Paper bags, hole punched with ribbon, for favors. I also did ribbon wrapped letters but that picture won’t upload.
Last but not least, READING. Oh man. I forgot how much I love reading fiction. Lately I’ve been reading a lot of fantasy/teen lit/science fiction. I’m obsessed with checking off books on my Goodreads.com list that I haven’t gotten to in years!
What good books have you read lately?!
10 Week Turnaround
Last week’s breakfast challenge went really well. I had breakfast every day!
This week I’m committed to including fitness into my routine.
Why: Um, duh.
What: I’m going to schedule 4 workouts this week (walks with the dog I don’t count as “workouts” but running, yes). I haven’t had regularly scheduled workouts in….a while. By scheduling them and sticking to them this week, I’m going to get back in that habit. I’ve added them to my GCal and will be telling my “virtual workout buddy” aka my friend K, what my plan is.
Monday: 30 min walk/run with the dog
Tuesday: 90 minute Vinyasa class at YMCA
Wednesday: 30 min walk/run with the dog
Friday: Interval Training at YMCA
Saturday: 30 min walk/run with the dog
Wish me luck!